malfunction of the hypothalamus

malfunction of the hypothalamus

Postby Cynthia on 28 Nov 2015, 14:07

Hello, ladies! I’ve been married to a loving man for 8 years already. We have a great desire to have a baby. Almost for a year we’ve failed to conceive naturally. It makes us very upset and frustrated. Two weeks ago we made some testing. They say the problem is in me. It’s a hormonal one - malfunction of the hypothalamus. What’s this and what we have to be ready for :shock:
Cynthia

Re: malfunction of the hypothalamus

Postby Carrie on 28 Nov 2015, 14:11

Hi, Cynthia!
:geek: Malfunction of the hypothalamus is a serious thing. For you to know, the hypothalamus is the portion of the brain responsible for sending signals to the pituitary gland. This gland, in turn, sends hormonal stimuli to the ovaries in the form of FSH and LH. The main target of it is to initiate egg maturation. If the hypothalamus fails to trigger and control this process, immature eggs will result. So, you face the ovarian failure. :geek:
It’s a brief description of the condition, but you have to consult a doctor for more detailed information. It’s very individual.
Well, what do you have to be ready for… Thinking logically, if you cannot produce healthy mature eggs, you’ll need them from the donor. The procedure of egg donation isn’t as intricate as it may seem. But you both have to be ready for it psychologically. You will have to take the thought that the child won’t be related to you biologically. That’s the obstacle for many couples. That was the obstacle for us. :!:
But, the first thing for you to do is to chose the right institution and be diagnosed there more precisely.
Wish you good luck!
Carrie

Re: malfunction of the hypothalamus

Postby Grace on 06 Jul 2017, 10:10

Hi, Cynthia, hope you are doing well right now and you found your way of treatment. I'm not sure if you respond me but I do believe you became a mother of beautiful kid.
Your disease is awful, I've just googled it and found it causes a lot of issues including infertility as you told. As far as I read a treatment is based on the specific cause of the hypothalamic dysfunction. For instance, if the condition is caused by a tumor, radiation and/or surgery may be warranted. If the hypothalamic dysfunction is caused by a hormone deficiency, the condition might be treated with hormone supplementation. If the cause is unknown, treatment may be symptomatic.
But starting a treatment before guarantees a faster recovering or keeping it under control , don't you think so? Luck dear xxx
Grace

Return to General discussion