Egg donation?

Egg donation?

Postby LoraS on 17 Jul 2017, 15:11

Hi everyone! Can you help me to figure out what should I do?
We are infertile. We've been trying for a baby for more than 6 years and nothing happened. As far as I know, we have no health issues that could cause such health conditions, so it's what people call unexplained infertility I believe. I read about IVF procedure and want to do it with donor eggs at once. I'm looking for a clinic with fresh egg donation cycles. According to what I saw from this clinic's website, it meets my requirements but I need to hear from those who have already had ivf in Biotexcom. I am 29, my husband is 44, is it okay? Please share your experience!
LoraS

Re: Egg donation?

Postby Renata on 17 May 2019, 13:52

Hi there. Sorry for this late post of mine. I hope you've been already successful through. Still I hope this information will find its reader 8-) and helps him in a way~ https://biotexcom.com/a-unique-m
ethod-to-get-pregnant-in-your-40s-with-your-own-eggs/.
BioTexCom Center for Human Reproduction offers patients who are above 40 and for those, who suffer from low levels of AMH, an innovative program that makes it possible to get pregnant with their own eggs. Mitochondria replacement therapy is an innovation and a breakthrough in the field of ART and the fertility treatment. This program gives women, who underwent numerous unsuccessful IVF cycles, aged 40+, patients with low mitochondrial functional activity, an excellent chance to give birth to a child who shares a genetic relationship with her and her partner. Mitochondrion is one of the most important components of any living cell, including the egg. In simple words, mitochondrion is the cell’s energy station. Essentially, its work consists in supplying the cell with vital energy for its normal functioning. Women that went through multiple unsuccessful IVF attempts, as well as of older reproductive age, need to restore oocyte mitochondria in order to successfully become pregnant. A woman can become pregnant only if there are functionally active mitochondria in her oocytes. Donation of mitochondria will allow thousands of hopeless women to give birth to a healthy child through IVF using mitochondrial donation. To carry out such a procedure, an egg donor with a high functional activity of mitochondria, a patient, and sperm for in vitro fertilization are required. Healthy functionally active mitochondria are taken from a donor’s oocyte and integrated with the patient’s cells. Next, fertilization with sperm and transfer of a healthy embryo into the patient’s uterus is performed. Mitochondria donation is a unique assistive reproductive technology, which is basically the implantation of a healthy and functionally active donor mitochondria into the cells of an infertile patient, that provides the patient’s cell with the necessary energy and contributes to successful pregnancy. Mitochondrial DNA and Human DNA are different things. It only gives that necessary energy to the oocyst and helps with developing an embryo and make it stronger. DNA is in the core of the mitochondria, which are not used for donation. Therefore, genetically, mitochondria have no effect on the embryo.
In other words, the method is beneficial for women in forties with low amh levels. I'm not a scientist, but from what I've understood, this mitochondria is sth like a power bank for eggs. It supplies them with energy needed for fertilization and further development. If this mitochondria are not healthy or are inacctive etc. the egg cannot function in its proper way. So they've found the solution. They can take these healthy mitochondria out from the donor's egg and transfer them to your own eggs. This is aimed to ''rejuvenate'' them and get the best prepared for the coming IVF shot. The most important thing though is that mitochondria DNA has nothing in common with human DNA.
This is quite an option to consider before going down egg donation IVF route, isn't it??
Baby dust to all.
Renata

Return to Egg donation