Post embryo transfer tips

Post embryo transfer tips

Postby Pam on 06 Jun 2016, 14:50

The procedure went on smoothly for us. 8-) We got plenty of instructions for the after transfer period. Except meds these are the general ones:
Plan to rest in bed for a total of 2 days (including the day of transfer) immediately following your embryo transfer. The position you are in is of no consequence, pick any position that makes you comfortable. You may get up occasionally to use the bathroom and freshen-up. Please avoid showers or baths. Try to be as relaxed as possible.
Nothing in vagina: no tampons, no sexual relations of any kind until otherwise specified.
No baths, hot tubs or swimming (pools, lakes, oceans) for two weeks. Showers are OK.
Nothing over 10 lbs at a time. Avoid strenuous activities such as furniture moving, weight lifting, Etc.
Avoid high intensity exercise such as jogging, running, step aerobics or jumping rope. Light to moderate walking and leisurely hiking is OK and may help you to feel well. No alcoholic beverages or smoking which is quite clear. Less daily caffeinated drink intake (coffee, tea, cola beverage). Also no herbal supplements.
Avoid contact with toxic fumes and substances such as gasoline, paint, paint thinners, chlorine and ammonia. If you cannot avoid them, be sure the area is well ventilated. Do not get overly fatigued.
Eat and drink a well-balanced, nutritional diet. Remember to include plenty of fruits and vegetables and fluids to avoid constipation, which may be caused by progesterone.
And finally DO NOT PANIC!! Remember that mild cramping and/or a small amount of pink, dark red or brown vaginal spotting are normal following embryo transfer for up to two weeks, sometimes longer.
Fingers crossed.. Officially in 2ww club.. Baby dust to all of you X
Pam

Re: Post embryo transfer tips

Postby Renata on 10 Jul 2016, 15:46

Thanks for sharing! Really good tips to follow.
I got our wee 2 embies onboard. Firstly they were happy with the look of them. Top grade for number and shape of cells, good grade for fragmentation – everything seemed amazing. Just beautiful wee bunch of cells!
Well against the odds this time, donor egg collected and it's made it new home.. success! Otd expected 25th June. Unfortunately one of the embies had vanished, but another one grew and developed just like it had to up to the stage. Honestly didn’t test before the official date. Was just trying to keep calm and sane. Kept myself busy all the time having adequate rest. Now we're waiting for the safety 12 weeks stage. Looking forward to 100% positive and flying home. Have been missing the people there so much!..
Wish you, lovelies, all the best with you ET and post ET period. Let God fulfill your dreams! X
Renata

Postby PetraB on 24 May 2017, 14:02

Thank you Pam, it's really helpful. I had to collect such information when I had my first IFV.
I'm sure that lots of women find it very useful. I myself will follow all these advices when my next ET is done.
I see that you've been here a year ago..I hope you became pregnant and you are a mother now.
PetraB

Postby Laria on 20 Mar 2019, 13:28

Ladies, hi! Tww is exhausting and many shades of torturous. Your emotions usually swing from one extreme to another. The pendulum is never steady, your emotions never safe. Your heart and head compete for space. It’s not possible to treat the two weeks like any other two weeks and to not think about it. To suggest this is crazy talk. That’s a bit like being told to “relax it will happen” or “maybe you should take a holiday” or “just put your legs up in the air after sex.” - Never ever say this to the infertile!! If I was to ever survive another two week wait, this is what I would tell myself:
One shouldn't google like a mad woman. Yes, easier said than done. But I swear this is the type of behaviour that will truly break one!! Stay off the internet forums where fellow ttcers discuss their symptoms. I just stayed away from the parenting section. Reading for me was a good distraction. Every time I was tempted to google things I would pick up a book. For the love of god, stay off the internet.
Don’t symptom spot! Twinges, cramps, headaches, tired, hungry, nauseous… Any drugs you will be on will make you feel pregnant one minute and not pregnant the next. Those progesterone pessaries really do pack a punch. Don’t pinch your nipples and poke your breasts. Pregnant or not, that will hurt. Trust me, I know this to be true. Just because you’re tired doesn’t mean you are pregnant.
Don’t pee on a stick.There is no value in these activities. Also this is advice that will save one's money and tissues. Remember any drugs you are on might be telling your body that you are pregnant so you could get false negatives equally as you could get false positives. Do not have any pregnancy tests in the house until AF date.
Don’t spend two weeks in bed resting and not moving, unless of course this is your doctor’s advice. Assuming your doctor has given you the all clear, just do what you would normally do – work, study, whatever. Hope these tips will help sb to keep sane whilst the waiting 8-)
Laria

Return to Egg donation