DE IVF?

DE IVF?

Postby 1896momder on 16 Jun 2017, 11:36

Hello all
I'm new here. Biotexcom clinic is among few places I'm considering as a destination for new cycle of iVF with donor eggs. I'm trying to find clients of every clinic to make sure the clinics worth my attention. In a nutshell, I have been ttc for a 7 years but my attempts are resultless. I'm also devastated by all this but thanks to my hubby's support I didn't sink into despair. Over these years I understood that support is crucial when we need to undergo all these challenging things. I'm looking for the second egg donation cycle but still can't decide where to go. Maybe I should stay with my clinic although I'm not really satisfied with this idea. Not that something was wrong but I just don't feel another try could be successful. I haven't heard about treatment in Ukraine before but I looked through options there and I have few variants. Could you share pros and cons of being with this clinic?
Me 39, DH 46
March 2010 IUI#1 = BFN
June 2010 IUI#2 = BFP, miscarriage at 6 week
October 2011 IUI#3 = BFN
May 2013 IVF#1 = BFN
December 2015 IVF#2 = BFN
August 2016 donor egg IVF#1 = BFN
DE IVF #2 ???
1896momder

Re: DE IVF?

Postby Grace on 20 Jun 2017, 14:43

Oh my God, poor girl, I'm so sorry you have been through all these. I can imagine how you felt seeing bfn, it's awful.
We faced the same issue, I couldn't get pregnant for a long time. All my years of expectations are crashed, we thought we could never be parents. We changed our previous clinic as it gave no result to us and came here. We failed 1st cycle of de ivf and kept moving on, our 2nd cycle has ended up with multiple pregnancy, I got to know I would be a mother of twins. Now, we've done with biotex but I still writing on its forums in hope to help other infertile women.
as for your question, we didn't see any problems with clinic, accept the fact they are too busy, they have a lot of clients and don't have an opportunity to answer all stupid questions haha.
Grace

Postby Renata on 17 May 2019, 14:39

I've shared this on another thread. Thought this might be helpful. Mitochondria replacement therapy is an innovation and a breakthrough in the field of ART and the fertility treatment. This program gives women, who underwent numerous unsuccessful IVF cycles, aged 40+, patients with low mitochondrial functional activity, an excellent chance to give birth to a child who shares a genetic relationship with her and her partner. Mitochondrion is one of the most important components of any living cell, including the egg. In simple words, mitochondrion is the cell’s energy station. Essentially, its work consists in supplying the cell with vital energy for its normal functioning. Women that went through multiple unsuccessful IVF attempts, as well as of older reproductive age, need to restore oocyte mitochondria in order to successfully become pregnant. A woman can become pregnant only if there are functionally active mitochondria in her oocytes. Donation of mitochondria will allow thousands of hopeless women to give birth to a healthy child through IVF using mitochondrial donation. To carry out such a procedure, an egg donor with a high functional activity of mitochondria, a patient, and sperm for in vitro fertilization are required. Healthy functionally active mitochondria are taken from a donor’s oocyte and integrated with the patient’s cells. Next, fertilization with sperm and transfer of a healthy embryo into the patient’s uterus is performed. Mitochondria donation is a unique assistive reproductive technology, which is basically the implantation of a healthy and functionally active donor mitochondria into the cells of an infertile patient, that provides the patient’s cell with the necessary energy and contributes to successful pregnancy. Mitochondrial DNA and Human DNA are different things. It only gives that necessary energy to the oocyst and helps with developing an embryo and make it stronger. DNA is in the core of the mitochondria, which are not used for donation. Therefore, genetically, mitochondria have no effect on the embryo. In other words, the method is beneficial for women in forties with low amh levels. I'm not a scientist, but from what I've understood, this mitochondria is sth like a power bank for eggs. It supplies them with energy needed for fertilization and further development. If this mitochondria are not healthy or are inacctive etc. the egg cannot function in its proper way. So they've found the solution. They can take these healthy mitochondria out from the donor's egg and transfer them to your own eggs. This is aimed to ''rejuvenate'' them and get the best prepared for the coming IVF shot. The most important thing though is that mitochondria DNA has nothing in common with human DNA.
I thought this is worthy at least to ask your doc about. As the concept is impressive. 8-)
Renata

Postby Melanie on 23 May 2019, 15:03

I have a wonderful four year old thanks to the wonderful staff at Biotexcom and an amazing egg donor. Though I had most of my treatment at Northampton. I did do one cycle at Nottingham and really can't fault their service. Even though I had my treatment quite a few years ago I've stayed in contact with several of the staff and I've helped the clinic raise awareness of the need for gamete donors and spoken about my experience as a patient in print - it is the least I can do after all that they have done to help my husband and myself. I was never made to feel like a medical patient - the nursing staff in particular are friendly and really put you at ease, and these are the staff you will have most interaction with.
I can honestly say that my son's conception was one of the most wonderful and joyful experiences. It might not have been the way that we thought we would have our family but I am so grateful that everyone at Biotex made it so much easier and less daunting. In the summer.
I'm taking my son back to the clinic to meet the staff again and see for himself where his story started. I hope that you are as blessed as we have been, and feel free to send me a personal message if you have any questions you don't want to post on an open forum.
Melanie

Return to Egg donation