Moral issues of egg donation

Moral issues of egg donation

Postby Andry on 23 Jul 2014, 12:12

Ladies! I ask you for help! The thing is that I want to have a child so much that it is hard to breath((( But I cannot be a mother, I have not eggs :cry: :cry: :cry: Together with husband I was thinking about adoption, but it frightens me so much, what if I am not able to love not mine child, I am afraid to brake its life. My husband is completely healthy and he can have children and I think I am an obstacle for him :cry: :cry: :cry: He proposed me to try egg donation, but I am so scared, what if I won't be able to love this child, what if this child will look like strange woman :cry: :cry: :cry: Girls, maybe someone has children after donation, please share your stories. Was it a problem for you? Maybe something wrong with my mind(((
Andry

Re: Moral issues of egg donation

Postby Alberta on 23 Jul 2014, 13:02

Lack of eggs is not the worst thing that can happen. Besides eggs, I do not have uterus and I am denied the opportunity even to bear a child, to feel how it stirs in me, how it is growing up. Every day I woke up with a sense of my child’s smell, I heard his voice, I even started talking to him. How do you think where it would lead to? I have almost stopped to feel like a woman. About surrogacy I have learned from my sister who spent all her time on the Internet searching my salvation. And you know , I dreamed about a child so much that I did not doubt for a second , furthermore I did not have a lot of choices. Since I am from Hungary, we started looking for an opportunity to give birth to our child with the help of a surrogate mother abroad. After reviewing a large number of clinics, we stayed at the clinic BioTexCom in Ukraine. They offered an ‘all inclusive’ package that we were very happy with, as we were only focused on winning. I cannot say that everything was simple, the waiting drove us crazy, it seemed that I would be told that nothing happened and I would never have the child with my husband’s eyes. But after 1.5 years I had my daughter , my angel , my whole world . Now my princess is one year old, and many friends who do not even guess how I had my baby , they say that my daughter looks like me . If you are really ready to become a mother, no matter whose egg is there , Mom is only one who grows and loves
Alberta

Postby Martha on 30 Jul 2014, 12:39

Hi! Due to PCOS I was diagnosed infertile, I couldn’t conceive and I couldn’t bear a child. But my husband and I had so great desire to become parents. That desire really didn’t leave us. When we were passing through the park, and saw children playing, my heart was shrinking. I felt really depressed and guilty because I understood that I couldn’t give my husband a baby. Of course, my husband was very tolerant with me, he didn’t even make any hint, that I was guilty that he could not have children. He tried to make me calm, but I felt really desperate and miserable. It seems to me that I was the only person who couldn’t have children. I even couldn’t sleep, the nightmares haunted me. Then my husband suggested me to use surrogacy with egg donation. I was very afraid. But he supported me in everything. And after passing that hard way and now we are growing up a healthy boy. I even couldn’t imagine my life without my child. I am growing him as if he were mine. So you shouldn’t think that you wouldn’t feel like a mother of that child. The only thing that you have to understand is that you should be sure if you want to be a mother or not. If you really want to be a mother you will be able to give all your care and love to that child.
Martha

Postby Jenny on 10 Dec 2014, 14:54

Hi girls!! I want to share my story. I`m Jenny. Unfortunately I`m here not by an accident. I`m 37 but I can`t have my own children because of the damage of the fallopian tubes. My organism doesn`t produce eggs and that`s why I can`t have my own children. Happily I can bear a child. My husband and I decided to try donation. We studied donation statistics, clinics, prices and so on… Unfortunately donation is anonymous and I couldn`t meet with those women. Firstly my husband and I decided to try donation in Spain. We stopped on “EUGIN” fertility center in Barcelona. The success rates seemed really high there. So we got tickets and went there. Firstly the clinic impressed us. The staff was really professional. We got 3 attempts but they failed. Later we understood why. This clinic uses frozen eggs and this reduces the possibility to get pregnant. Moreover they transfer embryos on the third day. It also reduces chances. We came back from Spain absolutely disappointed. But we didn`t stop our search. One of my colleagues who has relatives in Ukraine advised to search there. Firstly it seemed to me absurdly. But I decided to surf the net anyway. I found a lot of clinics all over Ukraine but I stopped on BioTexCom. There are some reasons for this. The clinic is in the capital of the country. It has high rate of positive results. Moreover they use not frozen but fresh eggs. I must admit that Ukrainian women are beautiful and that`s why I was not afraid to use donation (as you remember it is anonymous). The procedure of IVF in Ukraine differs from the one in Spain. They transfer the embryos on the 5Th day. It increases the chances to get pregnant. Moreover the clinic organizes our staying in Ukraine. The transfer, apartment, food are included. I must admit that the price is really affordable. So in a month we fly to Ukraine. Wish us good luck!!!
Jenny

Postby Laria on 20 Mar 2019, 13:31

Andry wrote:Ladies! I ask you for help! The thing is that I want to have a child so much that it is hard to breath((( But I cannot be a mother, I have not eggs :cry: :cry: :cry: Together with husband I was thinking about adoption, but it frightens me so much, what if I am not able to love not mine child, I am afraid to brake its life. My husband is completely healthy and he can have children and I think I am an obstacle for him :cry: :cry: :cry: He proposed me to try egg donation, but I am so scared, what if I won't be able to love this child, what if this child will look like strange woman :cry: :cry: :cry: Girls, maybe someone has children after donation, please share your stories. Was it a problem for you? Maybe something wrong with my mind(((

I love the way Amy Demma explains things.~
Myth: It isn’t your baby
Busted!: I hear this worry from more prospective recipients of donor gametes (and donor embryo) than just about any other concern. I first address this matter in a legal context and discuss with clients that any donor (sperm, egg, embryo) should be expected to relinquish all rights to the gametes (or the embryos) as well as explicitly relinquish parental rights to children resulting from the donation. With sperm donation, this relinquishment is typically done through consents at the cryobank.  With egg and embryo donation, it is recommended that relinquishment of donor rights be memorialized in a direct contract between the donor and the recipient. Of equal concern, though, is whether or not the parent who lacks in a shared genetic connection with the child will feel a parental connection, while this should be explored with a mental health professional experienced in collaborative reproduction …the best response I have to offer is the following quote from a parent of a donor conceived child: “The child who came into my life is the most beautiful, spirited child…he is the child I was meant to have and he fills me with love every minute of the day.”
Laria

Return to Egg donation