Fertilization process

Fertilization process

Postby PamLi on 24 Oct 2015, 23:02

Many couples want to know before their second visit to BioTexCom or other clinic what to expect. Fertilization is the main part of egg donation in my opinion. I want to try to explain it. First your partner's sperm or a donor's sperm is combined with the donor's eggs in laboratory. Three to five days later each fertilized egg becomes an embryo. The doctor transfers one or two embryos to the uterus. If the treatment works, an embryo implants in the uterus and grows into a baby.
PamLi

Re: Fertilization process

Postby Laria on 20 Mar 2019, 13:26

The next stage of an IVF cycle involves the transfer. But of course, eggs aren’t transferred. As you have to make them embryos first. It's the next hurdle. In my case this didn’t always happen. So here getting to transfer was a bit of a miracle. Transfers are a weird experience. Actually they are just a very expensive pap smear. In less than 30 seconds a long and large needle is inserted into your uterus. Then for about second you are pregnant. :oops: That’s how it felt to me at that time. Putting an embryo inside of me..
Laria

Re: Fertilization process

Postby Renata on 17 May 2019, 14:13

Hi ladies. Thta's understandable. Thus I believe one of the hugest pros while undergoing ivf is to keep emotional well being, if you see what I mean. We've been through donor egg IVF route too. Passed it overseas, at Biotexcom clinic. Got luck after 2 shots. Seems we got to the clinic with the well known aim - a healthy child through any means - be this own egg or donor's. We were emotionally ready we'll have to use donor egg 99% and our dr just reassured us. Dr Elena Mozgovaya was always kind and helpful and understanding. she made the ''medical part'' the best explained and perfectly guided. We're so much thankful for this. I believe being in right med hands is just crusial point. 
You're definitely strong and brave!! I believe God will bless you for everything you're doing. Who knows, maybe in meantime you'll have both kids )) I'm praying for this.
Renata

Return to Egg donation