How to Take and Record Your BBT

Re: How to Take and Record Your BBT

Postby Danielle on 28 Aug 2012, 19:23

They are both very important. Though it is not always possible to take your temps at the same time everyday and doing so after at least 3hrs of sleep, you should try to be as close to the ideal situation as possible.
Danielle

Postby Nathalia on 28 Aug 2012, 19:34

yesterday I took my temperature when I first woke up in the night, then again at my usual wake up time. Which temperature should I record on my chart?
Nathalia

Postby Danielle on 28 Aug 2012, 19:48

It is preferable to take your temperature at your normal wake up time, if you know that you will have enough rest( at least 3hrs) before your wake up time. Otherwise, take the temperature when you wake up at night, but only use it if you don't have enough rest by your wake up time. And remember to note it on your chart.
Danielle

Postby Lois on 28 Aug 2012, 19:58

I have been working shifts lately, and it has been very difficult charting my BBT. How can I go about this while working shifts? Should I stop charting until I am done working shifts?
Lois

Postby Mary-Anne on 28 Aug 2012, 21:10

Yeah, charting and working shifts can be very challenging, but not impossible.Take your temperature at the time you wake up when you are most likely to have had the most sleep. Be as consistent as you can. On your days off, take your temperature after you wake up as well, even if it is at a different time. Make a note on your chart of changes in your waking schedule. You may take your temperature in the afternoon before you go to work if that is your usual waking time and the time after which you are most likely to have had the most sleep. It is not useful to take your temperature when you are already awake and active.
Mary-Anne

Postby Sara on 28 Aug 2012, 21:23

My wake-up time is between 5 and 6am. It is difficult for me to wake up at a particular time. Could I adjust my temperature? Is there a better way to go about it?
Sara

Postby Mary-Anne on 28 Aug 2012, 21:32

I read in an article that there are formulas for adjusting temperatures when not taken at the same time, but they did recommend against it; that it will more pleasing but not accurate. BBT variation with time depends on your on unique metabolism. While some women see a difference, others don't and their BBT can vary with time without masking their temperature pattern. I will check and give you the link to the article.
Mary-Anne

Previous

Return to Ovulating