Ectopic Pregnancy

Re: Ectopic Pregnancy

Postby Pauline on 08 Sep 2012, 10:42

We all know's that no treatment can effectively take place without proper diagnoses. How is it possible by diagnosing pelvic inflammatory disease in a woman, in order to treat it?
Last edited by Pauline on 08 Sep 2012, 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
Pauline

Postby benita_) on 08 Sep 2012, 10:46

Pauline as of now, there is no single test for diagnosing pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). Your doctor will diagnose PID based on your symptoms and on a gynaecological examination. Your doctor will examine you for tenderness in your pelvic region and an abnormal vaginal discharge.
benita_)

Postby Sally on 08 Sep 2012, 10:53

Because PID is difficult to diagnose by the symptoms alone, you may have a blood test or an ultrasound scan. Scans can show severe PID but will not pick up mild disease. It is, therefore, possible to have a normal scan and still have PID.
In some cases, a laparoscopy (keyhole surgery) may be used to diagnose PID.
Sally

Postby Pauline on 08 Sep 2012, 11:05

Sally you said in some casess, a laparoscopy maybe use to diagnose pelvic inflammentory disease. I wish to ask you what is the meaning of laparoscopy as you said?.
Pauline

Postby Sally on 08 Sep 2012, 11:08

Pauline, a laparoscopy is simply, a minor operation where two small cuts are made in the abdomen. A thin camera is inserted so that the doctor can look at your internal organs and, if necessary, take tissue samples. This is usually only done in more severe cases where there may be other possible causes of the symptoms, such as appendicitis.
Sally

Postby Grace on 22 May 2017, 10:25

yes, for sure! you should undergo a set of tests before your doctor will tell you have an ectopic pregnancy.
as I said, if your doctor thinks you have an ectopic pregnancy, she or he will probably perform some tests, including a pregnancy test and a pelvic exam. An ultrasound test may be performed to view the uterus’ and fallopian tubes’ condition.

If she or he confirms you have an ectopic pregnancy, she will talk to you about the best treatment based on your medical condition and your future plans for pregnancy.
In case of treatment, as a fertilized egg can’t survive outside of the uterus, the tissue has to be removed to keep you from having serious complications. Two methods are used to treat it: medication and surgery.
But don't worry, I'm sure your doctor will suggest the best way for you.
P.S. hope one day you will read this and I'm sure everything is ok with you these days.
Grace

Postby lindas on 30 May 2017, 17:23

I agree with Grace that ectopic pregnancy is easily detected nowadays with some regular check ups and tests.. and at early stages. So there's nothing to worry about. The only thing here is that there's no way to carry on with that pregnancy.. The only way out is to remove it from the fallopian tubes.. where it usually occurs.. as it won't develop normally in that place..
lindas

Previous

Return to Miscarriage