Trying For a Baby Boy

Trying For a Baby Boy

Postby Nathalia on 21 Aug 2012, 14:21

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I just can't help it. I'm a 30 year old mother with a little girl. During my first conception, my husband hoped for a baby boy but it turned out to be my little Princess. Now we are trying again for another baby, and he is still hoping for a boy. I know it is not in my control, but i can't help feeling that disappointed him the first time. I am really hoping things will be different this time. Is there really any way to get a baby boy?
Nathalia

Re: Trying For a Baby Boy

Postby Herimark on 21 Aug 2012, 18:20

This may sound funny and even stupid, but it did work for me. First you need to get the following:
-the sperm cell can live for only 3-4days on average in a woman's body; that is if it makes it to the cervix.
-the male sperm cell( sperm cell Y) is smaller and faster than the female sperm cell( sperm cell X), but dies earlier.
-the female sperm cell on the other hand is larger and slower, but has greater chances of reaching the ovum.
-the ovum can only remain viable for 16-24hrs after ovulation.

Hence having intercourse on the day of ovulation greatly increases your chance of making a boy; as the faster male sperm cells may likely reach the ovum first. And having intercourse a few days before ovulation increases the chances for a girl, as the male sperm cells may die before the egg is released, leaving the female sperm cells behind for fertilization. Hope this helps.

Good Luck!
Herimark

Postby Nathalia on 21 Aug 2012, 18:30

Thanks Herimark. It makes a lot of sense to me, I'm going to try. How does one know her day of ovulation?
Nathalia

Postby Adele on 21 Aug 2012, 18:41

No offence Herimark; is it not possible that you where just lucky? God blesses us with Children. I believe he equally determines their sex.
Adele

Postby Herimark on 21 Aug 2012, 18:50

Nathalia, you can predict your ovulation day by taking your daily BBT measurements and charting your cycles. The day before a higher BBT likely indicates ovulation.
Herimark

Postby Nathalia on 21 Aug 2012, 19:03

How where you able to pinpoint your wife's ovulation day?
Nathalia

Postby Herimark on 21 Aug 2012, 19:19

Well, we analyzed her fertility chart for six months in a row. In her case a clear pattern was seen; what is called a biphasic ( low temp followed by a high temp) pattern. In her case, it was mostly 13days from the start of the cycle. My advice is that do your temperature measurements accurately.
Herimark

Postby Herimark on 21 Aug 2012, 19:30

None taken Adele. I understand that when it comes to the human body nothing should be hypothetical; but it makes sense.
Besides, there is no harm in trying.
Herimark

Postby Danielle on 23 Aug 2012, 13:12

Herimark, what you actually did is called The Shettles Method; proposed by Dr. Shettles. Though some controversy surrounds the credibility and morality of the method, it does work for some people.
Danielle

Postby Nathalia on 23 Aug 2012, 13:31

Thanks, it's kind of encouraging knowing that the method exists and was suggested by a doctor. I already started charting. My BBT today was 36.5C. I'm really counting on this method; hope it works for me to.
Nathalia

Next

Return to Trying for a baby