HORMONES AND FERTILITY SIGNS

Re: HORMONES AND FERTILITY SIGNS

Postby Nickolette on 25 Aug 2012, 15:31

Thanks guys; and thanks Lois for sharing your experience. Reading your post was kind of a relieve. you know, knowing that someone out there went through what you are facing... I am happy for you.
Nickolette

Postby Flora on 27 Aug 2012, 22:05

What is the most important fertility sign? I'm thinking LH and OPKs; as LH surges implies ovulation may occur within 12-48 hours. so one could use it to pinpoint ovulation.
Flora

Postby Herimark on 27 Aug 2012, 22:42

Not exactly, LH surge tells you that ovulation is imminent and that you are probably most fertile, but cannot pinpoint ovulation.
BBT is a better signal for pinpointing ovulation as a thermal shift after ovulation directly corresponds with the heat-inducing hormone, progesterone. Whose elevated level is as a result of its release from the corpus luteum.
So BBT is the best, but the others are also important.
Herimark

luteal phase defect

Postby Meg on 23 Nov 2015, 22:50

We decided to expand our family not so long ago. We tried hard but something was wrong. After visiting several consultants the diagnosis was set: luteal phase defect. It happens when the ovary doesn’t produce enough of the hormone progesterone after ovulation. Progesterone is vital in preparing the uterine lining for a fertilized egg. I spoke about this to the consultants I saw when we decided to try IVF. Their recommendations varied from ovarian stimulation to intrauterine insemination. But we were sure we would simply waste our time. :( Biotexcom was the last clinic we visited.
The expert reassured us that IVF would sort any hormonal abnormalities out. My hormones would be determined by the medication they put me on rather than my own body. We were satisfied with the answer, so we’ve gone ahead with IVF. :D
Meg

Previous

Return to Trying for a baby