Tips to survive 2ww

Tips to survive 2ww

Postby Renata on 10 Jul 2016, 16:37

Hi, all! We’ve passed IVF with donor egg in Ukrainian Biotexcom clinic. (Actually waiting for 12 weeks safety period). Here are some tips they gave us to survive the tough period. So just wanted to share it with you in case this helps someone else.
Just after embryo transfer we should avoid heavy lifting, hot baths and rigorous exercise. I even didn’t touch my suitcase. :lol: Got my partner every time to take care of it. Don’t be shy about asking for more time away from the office. This is your life and your baby. Nothing is more important. Embryo implantation takes place three of four days after transfer. Stress and anxiety don’t help. So even if you fail to get 2 weeks free of work try to make it the 1st one only – it will be great anyway!
Judging from what I’ve experienced, it’s actually quite easy to forget to take medication in the 2ww. But meds are vital during this period. They are keeping an embryo alive and the uterine environment optimal. So I found the way out. I created a chart for my daily medication and ticked each drug dose off after I took it. Also phone alarm programming helped me much. As for spotting and bleeding which can happen in the two week wait and beyond I had brown discharge only. But it’s statistically more likely to be okay than not so I didn’t worry much about it.
I would also advice not to test early, or expect early pregnancy symptoms. Also no sex immediately after an IVF cycle – uterus won’t like it! :P And always hope for the best and think positively – this time is your rainbow!
Wish you all the best of luck with your treatments, ladies! May God help and take care of you XXX
Renata

Re: Tips to survive 2ww

Postby ff876 on 16 May 2017, 15:38

I get it when others really struggle with 2ww and it is so exciting but it is even harder for those who wait for their surrogate mother to be found and matched haha. But I am not joking, I feel like this is a trial… anyways, there’s going to be more waiting time to go through and this waiting till your surrogate is ready for her stimms is like nothing compared to what is before us…
There are a lot of activities that help to forget about the important things haha baking perhaps lol
ff876

Postby Grace on 02 Jun 2017, 11:27

you are right!
my 2ww was the hardest time ever. I counted every second, I was thinking of it all the time, I was praying for my baby. I couldn't think clear, but thanks God everything ended up with a positive result. frankly I didn't expect to have a such wonderful news. we got pregnant with twins and that was the greatest gift in my life.

I wish I could be wiser at that time and didn't waste it for bad thinking. I wish I could spend more time with my husband, family and friends, it was only me and my worrying.
so I want to wish all ladies who are 2ww, don't worry before the time and let the nature does its work. of course don't neglect doctor's prescriptions and take all needed vit.
Good luck to all
Grace

Postby Laria on 20 Mar 2019, 11:56

Tww is exhausting and many shades of torturous. Your emotions usually swing from one extreme to another. The pendulum is never steady, your emotions never safe. Your heart and head compete for space. It’s not possible to treat the two weeks like any other two weeks and to not think about it. To suggest this is crazy talk. That’s a bit like being told to “relax it will happen” or “maybe you should take a holiday” or “just put your legs up in the air after sex.” - Never ever say this to the infertile!!
If I was to ever survive another two week wait, this is what I would tell myself :arrow:
One shouldn't google like a mad woman. Yes, easier said than done. But I swear this is the type of behaviour that will truly break one!! Stay off the internet forums where fellow ttcers discuss their symptoms. I just stayed away from the parenting section. Reading for me was a good distraction. Every time I was tempted to google things I would pick up a book. For the love of god, stay off the internet.
Don’t symptom spot! Twinges, cramps, headaches, tired, hungry, nauseous… Any drugs you will be on will make you feel pregnant one minute and not pregnant the next. Those progesterone pessaries really do pack a punch. Don’t pinch your nipples and poke your breasts. Pregnant or not, that will hurt. Trust me, I know this to be true. Just because you’re tired doesn’t mean you are pregnant.
Don’t pee on a stick.There is no value in these activities. Also this is advice that will save one's money and tissues. Remember any drugs you are on might be telling your body that you are pregnant so you could get false negatives equally as you could get false positives. Do not have any pregnancy tests in the house until AF date.
Don’t spend two weeks in bed resting and not moving, unless of course this is your doctor’s advice. Assuming your doctor has given you the all clear, just do what you would normally do – work, study, whatever. Hope these tips will help sb to keep sane whilst the waiting.
Laria

Postby Amelia on 28 Mar 2019, 15:35

Grace wrote:you are right!
my 2ww was the hardest time ever. I counted every second, I was thinking of it all the time, I was praying for my baby. I couldn't think clear, but thanks God everything ended up with a positive result. frankly I didn't expect to have a such wonderful news. we got pregnant with twins and that was the greatest gift in my life.

I wish I could be wiser at that time and didn't waste it for bad thinking. I wish I could spend more time with my husband, family and friends, it was only me and my worrying.
so I want to wish all ladies who are 2ww, don't worry before the time and let the nature does its work. of course don't neglect doctor's prescriptions and take all needed vit.
Good luck to all

Hi, sorry for the late post, but have definitely a thing to share. Experienced the 2ww toughly too. We were passing ivf with donor egg in Biotexcom, Ukraine. I was on day 7 of the 2ww following 5 day transfer of 2 embies.
So on day 7) I noticed brown discharge when I wiped, almost like wiping brown urine.
Then on day 8) I did a first response test and got a very faint BFP. Still discharge though....I decided to take another test and this time used a clear blue one. As soon as I peed on the stick the cross appeared straight way a strong line, much darker than the previous one I used.
The discharge was slowing down, so much so that I thought that day it would be gone. However when I went to the toilet the next morning -- more discharge that time a bit stringy. Took another test got a much stronger line than the day before.
I was quite stressed. On one hand BFP, but the other why the discharge??
I couldn’t relax and celebrate as I didn’t know what to think.
I spoke to my nurse. And she soothed me – it happens too often to ladies undergoing ivf process. And that I had to be ready for more changes my body would show me. This time is never easy. :mrgreen:
Amelia

Postby Martina on 11 Apr 2019, 13:36

Hi lovelies. I completely understand the messages I've seen about the 2WW wow it's so long haha. Feels like a rollercoaster had ET was day 5 - they had 8 cell embies to put back. All seemed to go well and then that evening after I'd fallen asleep I was in a lot of pain, bloating, wind ect so seeked medical advice and turns out my body doesn't like the cyclogest so just got to rest and take pain killers. And then nothing. I literally mean nothing.Just have no idea what is right and wrong. But probably facing symptoms IS right..I should say, I'm not new to 2ww. I already have a DE IVF kid. But that successful shot I experienced the 2ww vice versa. So any symptom absence make me feel I can be left behind..This is a bit stressful, though I'm not new to all this. I've got no special tips of my own. That's why am thankful to others sharing thoughts. But my gosh the wait until you get that test result is tedious! :shock:
Martina

Return to In Vitro Fertilization procedure