Tips to survive 2ww

Tips to survive 2ww

Postby Renata on 10 Jul 2016, 16:37

Hi, all! We’ve passed IVF with donor egg in Ukrainian Biotexcom clinic. (Actually waiting for 12 weeks safety period). Here are some tips they gave us to survive the tough period. So just wanted to share it with you in case this helps someone else.
Just after embryo transfer we should avoid heavy lifting, hot baths and rigorous exercise. I even didn’t touch my suitcase. :lol: Got my partner every time to take care of it. Don’t be shy about asking for more time away from the office. This is your life and your baby. Nothing is more important. Embryo implantation takes place three of four days after transfer. Stress and anxiety don’t help. So even if you fail to get 2 weeks free of work try to make it the 1st one only – it will be great anyway!
Judging from what I’ve experienced, it’s actually quite easy to forget to take medication in the 2ww. But meds are vital during this period. They are keeping an embryo alive and the uterine environment optimal. So I found the way out. I created a chart for my daily medication and ticked each drug dose off after I took it. Also phone alarm programming helped me much. As for spotting and bleeding which can happen in the two week wait and beyond I had brown discharge only. But it’s statistically more likely to be okay than not so I didn’t worry much about it.
I would also advice not to test early, or expect early pregnancy symptoms. Also no sex immediately after an IVF cycle – uterus won’t like it! :P And always hope for the best and think positively – this time is your rainbow!
Wish you all the best of luck with your treatments, ladies! May God help and take care of you XXX
Renata

Re: Tips to survive 2ww

Postby ff876 on 16 May 2017, 15:38

I get it when others really struggle with 2ww and it is so exciting but it is even harder for those who wait for their surrogate mother to be found and matched haha. But I am not joking, I feel like this is a trial… anyways, there’s going to be more waiting time to go through and this waiting till your surrogate is ready for her stimms is like nothing compared to what is before us…
There are a lot of activities that help to forget about the important things haha baking perhaps lol
ff876

Re: Tips to survive 2ww

Postby Grace on 02 Jun 2017, 11:27

you are right!
my 2ww was the hardest time ever. I counted every second, I was thinking of it all the time, I was praying for my baby. I couldn't think clear, but thanks God everything ended up with a positive result. frankly I didn't expect to have a such wonderful news. we got pregnant with twins and that was the greatest gift in my life.

I wish I could be wiser at that time and didn't waste it for bad thinking. I wish I could spend more time with my husband, family and friends, it was only me and my worrying.
so I want to wish all ladies who are 2ww, don't worry before the time and let the nature does its work. of course don't neglect doctor's prescriptions and take all needed vit.
Good luck to all
Grace

Return to In Vitro Fertilization procedure