IVF or IUI, what better?

IVF or IUI, what better?

Postby Tianna on 02 Aug 2012, 15:13

Good day to all! I am 45 years old, I am wondering if in my age I need IVF or it will be ok with IUI (Intrauterine Insemination)?
I am thinking of IUI as a good option for me, but IVF is like better for more chances! :? I am a little confused. Can someone advice?
Tianna

Re: IVF or IUI, what better?

Postby Alex31 on 20 Aug 2012, 21:43

Can somebody tell me about these procedures. What are they? What cases they should be done in? Thanks for answers.
Alex31

Postby Gizel on 21 Aug 2012, 23:12

In In-Vitro Fertilization(IVF), the sperm cell and the egg are manually combined in a laboratory dish to obtain fertilization. and then inserted into the uterus. IVF is particularly good for women with blocked or damaged Fallopian tubes. For IUI, the doctor places washed and prepared sperm cells in the uterus and near to your egg at the time of ovulation. This procedure is good for women with healthy fallopian tubes and for single mothers.
Gizel

Postby Alex31 on 25 Aug 2012, 18:05

I see Thanks for explanation. What can be the reason of blocked or damaged fallopian tubes?
Alex31

Postby Utte on 25 Aug 2012, 18:36

The most common reason why tubes get damaged or blocked is a condition called pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). This is an infection that can affect the womb, ovaries or tubes. It's very common. This infection can block or damage the fallopian tubes, so that eggs may not be able to pass down the tubes and the sperm may not be able to travel up them.
Utte

Postby benita_) on 07 Sep 2012, 00:54

I know, that Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) is an infection of the female reproductive organs. It usually occurs when sexually transmitted bacteria spread from your vagina to your uterus and upper genital trac. But what is the symptoms?
benita_)

Postby Donat on 09 Sep 2012, 00:01

Hello, Benita. Many women who develop pelvic inflammatory disease either experience no signs or symptoms or don't seek treatment. Pelvic inflammatory disease may be detected only later when you have trouble getting pregnant or if you develop chronic pelvic pain.
Donat

Postby Vicky on 09 Sep 2012, 00:19

Why you think it doesn't have symptoms? doctors said signs and symptoms of pelvic inflammatory disease may include:
pain in your lower abdomen and pelvis, heavy vaginal discharge with an unpleasant odor, irregular menstrual bleeding, pain during intercourse, low back pain, fever, fatigue, diarrhea or vomiting and painful or difficult urination.
Vicky

Postby Renata on 10 Jul 2016, 16:27

Alex31 wrote:Can somebody tell me about these procedures. What are they? What cases they should be done in? Thanks for answers.

Hi! My sister had many IUIs. It's not a very big deal. You will lie on the table in the stirrups. They insert a speculum, then they will thread the catheter through your cervix and into your uterus. They will push down on the plunger and insert the sperm, wait a few seconds and then pull it out. It can be uncomfortable when they are threading the catheter through but, as my sister says, you just do your best to relax and breathe. She also thinks it was mostly less uncomfortable than a pap smear because there's no scraping. Plus cervix is usually wide open at this time so it's easier to get through. Having someone with lots of experience helps. Good luck!
Renata

Return to In Vitro Fertilization procedure