Having more than one child

Having more than one child

Postby Amelia on 20 Nov 2015, 12:31

Good morning! I’m Amelia, 40.
Ukrainian BioTexCom was the third clinic we went to. Only there we found the solution to our infertility.
My organism produced low quality eggs and I couldn’t become pregnant despite using stimulation drugs. So we needed egg donation.
We didn’t wait for a long time for finding the right donor. That was good. And we didn’t have to share our donor with someone else.
Our family had a strong wish of transferring 2 embryos at the same time. We weren’t against having two children at once. After the embryos had been implanted we were prescribed medications to support the first stages of pregnancy.
It’s a pity, but we failed to have two children. But we’re happy anyway.
We’ve already decided to take the procedure once again. Probably in a year or two. Now we are parents and we feel absolutely fantastic about it!
Last edited by Amelia on 20 Nov 2015, 13:43, edited 1 time in total.
Amelia

Re: Having more than one child

Postby Lucy on 20 Nov 2015, 12:42

Hello! My name’s Lucy.
Because of my diagnosis the best way for achieving pregnancy for our couple was IVF.
I’ve always dreamt about triplets. And I still find it magnificent to take care of three children at the same time.
But BioTexCom experts assured us not to take that risk. It could undoubtedly be an enormous load for my organism. Since multiple pregnancy occurs quite often, the doctor suggested me to reduce the number of transferred embryos. And we followed his advice.
It’s better to give birth to one child and remain healthy than to have twins or triplets and be almost disabled. We’re also planning to have another baby. This time my husband dreams about a son )))
Lucy

Re: Having more than one child

Postby Laria on 20 Mar 2019, 11:46

Ladies, I'm happy to hear your positive stories. It was pretty much where I was time ago - everyone was having babies. I had friends who had teenagers, I had friends with 2, 3, 4, 5... even 6 kids! Meanwhile, I waited- waited for the right guy. I waited to have a career where I was able to make a good living. I made sure I had myself healed from past hurts and a good head on my shoulders to be a parent. I knew I had friends who were a bit jealous of my ability to just spontaneously make plans – to go out, take a nap on the weekend if I wanted to etc. But, as I rapidly lost friends who could do these spontaneous get togethers with me because they had kids in tow- needed to find a sitter or just needed me to come over to their place to not really talk to each other because they were busy being a mom.I was losing my ability to connect with them as it was earlier. And it hurt. I was able to keep it together though. I didn't think my friends were even remotely aware of how much it killed me to be around their children. A few of my friends knew my husband and I were trying but, were blissfully unaware of how much pain I was in about it. 1 friend knew we were doing fertility treatments but, she lived on the other side of the country- she was also my just 1 friend who didn't have kids either. I couldn't talk to my siblings much anymore. Everything was about their kids "Sorry I couldn't answer, I was putting the kids to bed" As much as I would like to look at that and think "Wow, it's so all consuming to be a parent!" Which I knew it was, that was not where I was. I was at extreme jealousy and hurt..
After a year of unsuccessful trying, we had a good consultation with a fertility expert on private. He investigated the reason was in me. My fallopian tubes got damaged – so the egg couldn't move further to the uterus. He told we'd need IVF to overcome this issue. We moved to BioTex, because here we could sign up for ''Guaranteed'' 5 shots package for the sum of money we'd have to pay for 1 attempt only if performed in the home area. So this was mostly, the costs issue first. Then we got to know about the actual set of services they provide for 10k euros and we were amazed! - Unlimited number of shots (if 5 failures in a row – they refund money paid back!!). Meds included. Donor egg if needed for no additional feel. All relevant screenings. Accommodation and business transportations and others. We could hardly expect we'd get all these included.. :shock: Good job, BioTex!!
Laria

Return to In Vitro Fertilization procedure