Pregnancy Facts

Re: Pregnancy Facts

Postby Joyce on 28 Nov 2012, 11:40

Many women develop mild swelling in the face, hands, or ankles at some point in their pregnancies. As the due date approaches, swelling often becomes more noticeable. :roll: :shock:
Joyce

Postby Emma on 28 Nov 2012, 11:42

Drink eight to 10 glasses of fluids daily.
Don't drink caffeine or eat salty foods.
Rest and elevate your feet.
Ask your doctor about support hose.
Call the doctor if, your hands or feet swell suddenly or you rapidly gain weight — it may be preeclampsia. ;) ;)
Emma

Postby Mado on 28 Nov 2012, 11:44

Temporary bladder control problems are common in pregnancy. Your unborn baby pushes down on the bladder, urethra, and pelvic floor muscles. This pressure can lead to more frequent need to urinate, as well as leaking of urine when sneezing, coughing, or laughing. ;) ;) ;)
Mado

Postby Tony on 28 Nov 2012, 11:46

During pregnancy blood volume increases greatly. This can cause veins to enlarge. Plus, pressure on the large veins behind the uterus causes the blood to slow in its return to the heart. For these reasons, varicose veins in the legs and anus (hemorrhoids) are more common in pregnancy. :geek: :geek: :!:
Tony

Postby Joyce on 28 Nov 2012, 11:52

Varicose veins look like swollen veins raised above the surface of the skin. They can be twisted or bulging and are dark purple or blue in color. They are found most often on the backs of the calves or on the inside of the leg. :idea: :idea: :idea:
Joyce

Postby Martina on 21 Nov 2015, 15:36

Hello!
I’ve been going in for sports all my life, and intensive exercising has affected my ability of pregnancy achievement. I was diagnosed on premature menopause. Only now I understand the real value of family relationship. Believe me, no sports achievement can substitute the happiness of being a mother. Everything must be normalized.
Still if it’s possible to boost your chances, try to help your organism as much as you can. If you smoke, quit. Smoking lowers fertility for men and women. Also, check your diet. You should make it as healthy as possible. Ask your doctor about supplements. Some vitamins and minerals may improve the odds. Go in for sports just to keep fit, do not exaggerate its role in your life.
And don’t put off getting pregnant for better times. With your loving husband’s support it’s possible to overcome all difficulties.
Martina

Postby Martina on 18 Dec 2015, 16:19

Hello again! I haven't been to this thread for some time. As you know we faced inability to have children naturally. After considering several centers we have applied for donor egg IVF in biotexcom.
Starting IVF treatment was an exciting but nerve wracking experience. The cycle before my IVF treatment was scheduled, I was put on birth control pills. This may seem backward - weren't we trying to get pregnant? Actually using them before a treatment cycle decreased the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. It was aimed to improve the odds of success.
For me, IVF treatment is quite stressful. Just looking over the schedule of ultrasounds, blood work, injections and so on has me feeling fragile.
We’ve already made the testing due to our type of infertility. My blood work and ultrasounds looked normal, so we went on ovarian stimulation with fertility drugs. I was told they have a chance to mess with my moods!
Due to our treatment protocol, this means three shots every day for about a week. Everything is too new for us and from time to time we feel anxious. We really appreciate the staff’s work and wanna thank them for understanding and support in this stage! Will keep you updated ;)
Martina

Postby Pam on 18 Dec 2015, 16:23

Hi, Martina. Pleased for you. You’ve made the right decision. I hope you’ll get pregnant from the first attempt. We applied for ICSI procedure in the clinic. This place changed our life forever. We became parents of an adorable baby boy. He’s three months old now :D
Be sure you’re in safe hands and very soon you’ll undoubtedly be a mother! ;)
Pam

Previous

Return to Getting pregnant