Breastfeeding

Re: Breastfeeding

Postby Derick Sam on 25 Dec 2012, 15:18

By attaching a syringe of milk to a gavage feeding tube and taping it to the breast, you or a helper can gently press the plunger to deliver a few drops of milk in the baby's mouth if the baby "forgets" to suck. Commercial feeding-tube systems are also available. :arrow: :evil: 8-) :)
Derick Sam

Postby Ted on 25 Dec 2012, 15:20

If your baby latches on but keeps letting go, or if the baby's suck is weak, you may find the "dancer's hand" hold to be helpful. A nurse or a lactation consultant can show you how to support the baby's chin under the breast in one hand. :cry: :? :D :) 8-) :evil:
Ted

Postby Meek on 25 Dec 2012, 15:23

You may find certain breastfeeding devices help your baby make progress at the breast. Since most devices also have disadvantages, they should be used with guidance from a certified lactation consultant or your feeding team. :cry: :? :D :) 8-) :evil:
Meek

Postby Kiss on 25 Dec 2012, 15:24

Mothers of baby, i will like to introduce you to some breastfeeding devices that may help you during breastfeeding process. t could be a thin silicone or latex nipple shield, which is centered over the nipple and areola, has been shown to encourage a better latch, more effective sucking pattern, and better milk intake during breastfeeding, for many premature babies, and other high-risk babies, too. :cry: :? :D
Kiss

Postby Zara 11 on 25 Dec 2012, 15:26

Continue to pump your breasts regularly during the baby's learning process. Milk removal is not the purpose of these practice feedings, and milk production will fall if you are not removing milk in some manner. :| :twisted: :lol: ;)
Zara 11

Postby Peet on 25 Dec 2012, 15:33

Your baby probably will do better for some feedings. Do not be discouraged if he/she seems to "forget" how to suck from feeding to feeding, or if he/she is too sleepy for more. :mrgreen: :x :(
Peet

Postby Red on 25 Dec 2012, 15:37

Try to be available to breastfeed for as many feedings as possible, especially when feedings must be kept brief to prevent your baby from overtiring. Frequent, brief feedings can be very helpful. :arrow: :twisted: :lol: ;)
Red

Postby Peet on 25 Dec 2012, 15:45

It will surprise you of some of the feeding cues that i will mention for you. They are as follows; early feeding cues, licking, rooting, making sucking motions, bringing the arms and hands to face or mouth, later feeding cues such as squawking and more intense crying. :ugeek: :?: :oops: :shock:
Peet

Postby Peet on 25 Dec 2012, 15:49

Your high-risk baby may need extra time to learn cueing when ready to feed. Many mothers find their high-risk babies are too sleepy and sometimes do not seem to know that they need to eat frequently. :arrow: :evil: 8-) :)
Peet

Postby D0d0lina on 17 Jul 2017, 14:01

I agree that breast milk is ideal for infants. But even though I want to give my baby the best start I can, I can't help but be concerned :? :?: . What will nursing do with my breasts? For example to their size and shape :shock:
It can change. Breast size is determined by how much fatty tissue there is. Making milk creates denser tissue in the breasts. After breastfeeding, both the fatty tissue and connective tissue in the breasts may shift.
What do you think about this, girls? Or I'm the only one here who is concerned about such things? :lol:
D0d0lina

Previous

Return to Pregnancy chat