Surrogacy Legalty In Ukraine

Surrogacy Legalty In Ukraine

Postby Favor on 10 Aug 2012, 13:39

First of all, it is worth mentioning that surrogacy in Ukraine is legal over the whole territory.
In the country, juridicial aspects of surrogacy are regulated by following legislative acts:
Family code of Ukraine;
Ukrainian Ministry of Justice act on “alterations to civil registration regulations in Ukraine” № 1154/5 from 22.11.2007;
Ukrainian Ministry of Health order “on approval of reproductive technologies appliance” № 771 from 23 December 2008.
Favor

Re: Surrogacy Legalty In Ukraine

Postby Favor on 10 Aug 2012, 13:43

From some legal facts I read, by paragraph 10 article 3 of Ukrainian Ministry of Justice act from 22.11.2007 № 1154/5 procedure for the children registration is established, meaning children who were born with the help of reproductive programs: “In case a baby is born by a woman, who was implanted an embryo conceived by a married couple, registration of birth is carried out upon application of married couple who consented implantation. In this case concurrently with the document, avowing birth of a child by this woman, verified by notary written consent on recording married couple to be parents is applied”.
Favor

Postby NataliBB on 17 Oct 2015, 22:59

When I and my husband were searching for an egg donor, we also think about it's legalty. We didn't know anything about it. But when we talked with our manager from the clinic, she told us everything, what we wanted to know. In BioTexCom they explained us, that there are some legislative acts, which regulate surrogacy at all. Rights of birth parents are protected by law. And after knowing all the drawbacks I was relieved. Even if you don't live in Ukraine, you needn't worry that this procedure may be illegal. But I definitely advise everybody to read Family code of Ukraine, Ukrainian Ministry of Justice act on “alterations to civil registration regulations in Ukraine” and Ukrainian Ministry of Health order “on approval of reproductive technologies appliance”.
NataliBB

Postby Laria on 20 Mar 2019, 13:16

According to the Ministry of Healthcare in Ukraine, all egg and sperm donors are anonymous. For international patients, egg donors can be identifiable in unique occasions but only if the donor signs a voluntary consent of personal data disclosure. Egg donors can only donate between the ages of 18 and 35 years. There is no centralised donor database so potentially donors can donate repeatedly. However, clinics point out that many work to European standards and ESHRE guidelines which permit donation only six times. Egg donors get paid approximately 350 Euros to donate and in order to do so they must, by law, undergo a series of tests to ensure that they are healthy. These include:
Blood group and Rh factor
Full blood analysis
Coagulogram
Antibodies to HIV
Antibodies to syphilis
Hepatitis B (HBsAg)
Hepatitis C (HCV)
Blood analysis for IgM and IgG
Cytological examination of cervical smears
Bacterioscopic analysis of vaginal, urethral and cervical canal discharges
General gynaecological analysis
Ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs