First visit to BioTexCom

First visit to BioTexCom

Postby Jess on 19 Oct 2015, 23:01

What are your impressions about your first visit to BioTexCom? What did you do there? What are your advises?
Jess

Re: First visit to BioTexCom

Postby Kasja65 on 19 Oct 2015, 23:12

Jess wrote:What are your impressions about your first visit to BioTexCom? What did you do there? What are your advises?

Hi! I've been in this clinic in Kiev. We were there twice. Our second visit was longer and I think more serious. During your first visit you need to have some medical examination and you will have organizational meeting, of course. You have to sign the contract. Also I can advise not to worry about your visit. With such professional staff, you will receive answers for all your questions.
Kasja65

Postby Rosy78 on 24 Oct 2015, 22:14

Hello everybody! I need to know more about counseling before the procedure of egg donation in the clinic? Have they got professional counselors?
Rosy78

Postby Susan19 on 24 Oct 2015, 22:26

Rosy78 wrote:Hello everybody! I need to know more about counseling before the procedure of egg donation in the clinic? Have they got professional counselors?

Before the procedure you need to come to Ukraine for the first time. You will have some medical tests. Then the clinic will find the donor for you. You, your partner and a donor will receive professional counseling. It won’t be just medical counseling. You’ll speak also about emotional and ethical impact of the procedure.
Susan19

Postby NasTy on 27 Oct 2015, 23:33

When I was using donor’s egg in BioTexCom they had genetic testing of a donor to ensure that the donor doesn’t carry mutations, which could be harmful for future children. And after completing screening and legal part, the donor begins the donation cycle.
NasTy

Postby Renata on 10 Jul 2016, 15:36

Hi, ladies! We're passing ivf with donor egg in Biotexcom clinic, actually are waiting for the safety stage of 12 weeks. We've got pregnant with twins, later one has vanished. The 1st scan detected only one - but I'm thankful even for one after those long years of struggling. So here is the brief description of the initial steps with the clinic. Firstly they defined the date for initial consultation and sent the list of the required documents. Those were transvaginal ultrasound check results. Breast ultrasound check results (as I was 39 yo and never had any breast problems). Chest X-ray (for both me and my husband). Doctor's certificate that I was healthy enough to carry out a baby and that pregnancy was not prohibited for me. Also sperm count if available.
Then we went to Kiev for the initial consultation. We both came to the clinic to undergo the required tests (blood tests for both, pap smear, sperm count). The doctor studied medical records, performed transvaginal ultrasound check and evaluated our chances to successfully accomplish the program. He explained us the treatment plan. Also they gave us the medications needed for my subsequent stimulation protocol. All agreements signed. The donor matching program was completed unexpectedly fast, so soon we proceeded with the treatment itself.
Lots of baby dust to all ;)
Renata

Postby Grace on 13 Apr 2017, 12:31

Hello ladies, I've just decided to visit this forum and eventually saw your post about first visit to biotex. We have also opted for biotex and I'm 11 weeks’ pregnant right now. We are waiting for the 12th week scan for confirming the pregnancy as healthy and passing 'the border' of 12 weeks. As we were told on initial, it's the most significant time for a pregnant woman, after 12 weeks the probability of the miscarriage and any genetic abnormalities is minimized.
Grace

Postby Lucy on 02 Apr 2019, 14:41

Hi all! Hardly have I ever thought we will face this one day. But no one seems to be ready emotionally for the treatments. Furthermore when you're told your eggs won't do. So you need another woman for the ivf procedure.
I remember that was heartbreak for all my family :(
So dropped in to share our story. Me - 40 yo, a teacher working with kids every single day of my life. Watching others growing and developing but not ours.. Started TTC in June 2012 with no luck. After 8 months of trying started doing investigation and got to know about my endo and PCOS. That very year tried 1 round clomid - BFN. 1 fresh ivf with 5-day 2 blasts the following year ended in early miscarriage.
Then devastated we all had to take a long break for emotional recovering. Though continued trying naturally. 2015 - another fresh ivf with OE - failure. DH's results came in healthy. Year 2016 started with the waiting for the miracle with Ukrainian Biotexcom clinic where we applied for ivf with donor egg. Previously had our free consultation with the patient coordinator in London through eviternity.org. This lovely lady shared her own family story, she was passing the treatment herself. And we were so thankful we could share things and absolutely understand each other.
Our 1st app was conducted on 24th March. Since that date time flew. The process went quite fast and smooth. Donor matching program completed less than in 3 weeks. Synchronization -- finally ET. Our doc didn't reject so we put back 2 nice 5-day blasts. (3 blasts is the max with them and no age issue, only the health one).
Well every start is a rollercoaster as we don't know what to expect. All these attempts and waiting and trying again.. But one thing is for sure - it's definitely worth doing! And I'm so thankful we could take egg donation route which brought me to life..
Good luck to all of you, lovely people, on this path X
Lucy

Postby Lucy on 02 Apr 2019, 14:44

As for the first impression. The clinic has fancy design and modern equipment. Doctors and all staff are professionals. Our program coordinator was very responsive and kind young woman. Speaking about war, it's safe in the capital. As I know the hostilities take place in the east part of the country.
Good place to be in 8-)
Lucy

Return to Donation in BioTexCom Clinic