Egg donation procedure in Biotexcom

Egg donation procedure in Biotexcom

Postby Renata on 10 Jul 2016, 15:54

Hi, ladies! Wanted to share experienced issues as for the egg donation procedure in Biotexcom clinic. Currently we're waiting for the safety 12 weeks stage for the contract to be fulfilled. Hope this helps couples who are going to go on with them. :arrow:
1. They define the date of initial consultation and send you the list of required papers. (Transvaginal ultrasound check results, breast ultrasound check results, chest X-ray (for both). Also doc’s certificate that you’re healthy enough to carry out a baby and that pregnancy is not prohibited for you. Sperm count if available. )
2. Than the initial consultation itself. We both came to the clinic to undergo the required tests (blood tests for both, pap smear, sperm count). The doctor studied medical records, performed transvaginal ultrasound check and evaluated our chances to successfully accomplish the program. He explained us the treatment plan. Also they gave us the medications needed for my subsequent stimulation protocol. All agreements signed.
3. You’re following the treatment plan and make the needed ultrasound checks according to the protocol of stimulation and synchronization.
4. After the embryo transfer is performed you’re given the protocol to follow and meds according to this protocol. In two weeks after the embryo transfer you need to make blood test for HCG level and send the results to the clinic. Their obligations are considered to be fulfilled after the pregnancy reaches the term of 12 weeks.
All in all the process is not so complicated as it could seem. Wish you all the best Xx
Renata

Re: Egg donation procedure in Biotexcom

Postby Laria on 20 Mar 2019, 12:43

Hi, I'm gald to hear you've got positive experience at BioTex.
Here's some of my background. It was pretty much where I was time ago - everyone was having babies. I had friends who had teenagers, I had friends with 2, 3, 4, 5... even 6 kids! Meanwhile, I waited- waited for the right guy. I waited to have a career where I was able to make a good living. I made sure I had myself healed from past hurts and a good head on my shoulders to be a parent. I knew I had friends who were a bit jealous of my ability to just spontaneously make plans – to go out, take a nap on the weekend if I wanted to etc. But, as I rapidly lost friends who could do these spontaneous get togethers with me because they had kids in tow- needed to find a sitter or just needed me to come over to their place to not really talk to each other because they were busy being a mom.I was losing my ability to connect with them as it was earlier. And it hurt. I was able to keep it together though. I didn't think my friends were even remotely aware of how much it killed me to be around their children. A few of my friends knew my husband and I were trying but, were blissfully unaware of how much pain I was in about it. 1 friend knew we were doing fertility treatments but, she lived on the other side of the country- she was also my just 1 friend who didn't have kids either. I couldn't talk to my siblings much anymore. Everything was about their kids "Sorry I couldn't answer, I was putting the kids to bed" As much as I would like to look at that and think "Wow, it's so all consuming to be a parent!" Which I knew it was, that was not where I was. I was at extreme jealousy and hurt..
After a year of unsuccessful trying, we had a good consultation with a fertility expert on private. He investigated the reason was in me. My fallopian tubes got damaged – so the egg couldn't move further to the uterus. He told we'd need IVF to overcome this issue. We moved to BioTex, because here we could sign up for ''Guaranteed'' 5 shots package for the sum of money we'd have to pay for 1 attempt only if performed in the home area. So this was mostly, the costs issue first. Then we got to know about the actual set of services they provide for 10k euros and we were amazed! - Unlimited number of shots (if 5 failures in a row – they refund money paid back!!). Meds included. Donor egg if needed for no additional feel. All relevant screenings. Accommodation and business transportations and others. We could hardly expect we'd get all these included.
We're currently parenting adorable LO. Thankful forever for BioTex and its amazing staff.
Laria

Postby Laria on 20 Mar 2019, 12:47

A couple of things to add as for the analyses and examinations you'll be more likely to pass if getting prepared for the egg donation plan. Analyses and examinations required for women :arrow: :arrow:
Rw, HBs, HCV, HIV, syphilis (made no more than 6 months before that). TORCH infections (rubella and toxoplasmosis) Vaginal discharge analysis. Karyotype analysis (termless). Blood group and Rhesus factor (termless). Complete Blood Count (CBC) made no more than 1 month before that. Biochemical blood count (bilirubin, AST, ALT, kreatinin, complete protein). Koagulogram. LH (luteinizing hormone). FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone). Vaginal and cervical canal swab (no more than 6 months before). Microscopic examination of vaginal canal. Pelvic organs ultrasound. Breast ultrasound. Attending physician’s opinion. Anti-muller hormone test.
Analyses and examinations required for men :arrow: :arrow:
Rw (Wasserman test), HBs, HCV, HIV (no more than 3 months before). Blood group and Rhesus factor (termless). Karyotype analysis (termless). Spermogram (no more than 3 months). ICSI screening.
Laria

Postby Martina on 11 Apr 2019, 14:53

Before going to Biotexcom and applying for ivf with donor egg we asked the doc the following concerning donor requirements and egg quality. I guess it’s not completed but hope it might help someone going through the same thing.
Who are the donors if anonymous?
Are donors used legal residents of the country you’re going to apply for treatment in?
What is the age of the donor?
Does the clinic allow you to use the donor you bring into the program or do they require other options?
How many times can a donor be used?
Is the donor tested for the AIDS virus, CMV, hepatitis A and B, chlamydia, venereal disease, syphilis, serum karotyping and blood type and day 3 FSH? Is a drug screen done on the donor?
If you are using a donor from a donor egg matching program, and the donor has been tested by them, will the IVF clinic require additional or duplicate testing at their lab?
Are all eggs from one donor used for one recipient or are the eggs split between recipients? If they are split how are they divided? Is there a primary and secondary recipient?
How many eggs are guaranteed a recipient and, if there are less, is the fee reduced?
How long are medical records kept on the donor? Is the donor aware that, as in adoption, laws may change that could allow the child access to information about the donor at a specific age?
Does the clinic maintain contact with the donor? (I guess this is important if we think we would want to use the donor again in the future.) Thus, the list is not complete.
Martina

Postby Renata on 17 May 2019, 13:36

Hi, lovelies. Seems I've got a thing to share with you. I'm quite confused myself now, whether we could have used it ourselves..Ok, this is all about the new treatment method our clinic has recently started to offer to its patients. It's called ''mitochondria replacement therapy''. Have you heard a thing about it?? Anyway, I've read the article on their web site and truly cannot sleep well these days. It says, the method is beneficial for women in forties with low amh levels. I'm not a scientist, but from what I've understood, this mitochondria is sth like a power bank for eggs. It supplies them with energy needed for fertilization and further development. If this mitochondria are not healthy or are inacctive etc. the egg cannot function in its proper way. So they've found the solution. They can take these healthy mitochondria out from the donor's egg and transfer them to your own eggs. This is aimed to ''rejuvenate'' them and get the best prepared for the coming IVF shot. The most important thing though is that mitochondria DNA has nothing in common with human DNA. These are different things. Mitochondria DNA don't effect the future baby at all. And you get genetically related to you kid. You can turn to https://biotexcom.com/a-unique-method-t ... -own-eggs/ for more details.
Now I'm feeling like I've abandoned this way to have genetically related to me kids..I've got mine from donor egg. And the only thing which makes me feel at a little peace is that they've introduced this method only 1-2 months ago..And we applied for their help much earlier...I just have to find ways to set my mind at peace..But truly don't know how to do this..This made me sad to hear about your depression..I'm praying it has wholy gone away..Seems I'm having tough moments now too..
The most important step is to look at the preparation of your body and mind for this up coming journey, a journey to create life, a journey to allow your baby to choose you as parents. May god bless all of you on this way.
Renata

Postby Renata on 17 May 2019, 13:44

Laria wrote:Hi, I'm gald to hear you've got positive experience at BioTex.
Here's some of my background. It was pretty much where I was time ago - everyone was having babies. I had friends who had teenagers, I had friends with 2, 3, 4, 5... even 6 kids! Meanwhile, I waited- waited for the right guy. I waited to have a career where I was able to make a good living. I made sure I had myself healed from past hurts and a good head on my shoulders to be a parent. I knew I had friends who were a bit jealous of my ability to just spontaneously make plans – to go out, take a nap on the weekend if I wanted to etc. But, as I rapidly lost friends who could do these spontaneous get togethers with me because they had kids in tow- needed to find a sitter or just needed me to come over to their place to not really talk to each other because they were busy being a mom.I was losing my ability to connect with them as it was earlier. And it hurt. I was able to keep it together though. I didn't think my friends were even remotely aware of how much it killed me to be around their children. A few of my friends knew my husband and I were trying but, were blissfully unaware of how much pain I was in about it. 1 friend knew we were doing fertility treatments but, she lived on the other side of the country- she was also my just 1 friend who didn't have kids either. I couldn't talk to my siblings much anymore. Everything was about their kids "Sorry I couldn't answer, I was putting the kids to bed" As much as I would like to look at that and think "Wow, it's so all consuming to be a parent!" Which I knew it was, that was not where I was. I was at extreme jealousy and hurt..
After a year of unsuccessful trying, we had a good consultation with a fertility expert on private. He investigated the reason was in me. My fallopian tubes got damaged – so the egg couldn't move further to the uterus. He told we'd need IVF to overcome this issue. We moved to BioTex, because here we could sign up for ''Guaranteed'' 5 shots package for the sum of money we'd have to pay for 1 attempt only if performed in the home area. So this was mostly, the costs issue first. Then we got to know about the actual set of services they provide for 10k euros and we were amazed! - Unlimited number of shots (if 5 failures in a row – they refund money paid back!!). Meds included. Donor egg if needed for no additional feel. All relevant screenings. Accommodation and business transportations and others. We could hardly expect we'd get all these included.
We're currently parenting adorable LO. Thankful forever for BioTex and its amazing staff.

I'm happy to hear about your positive outcome. I'm more likely to share here some notes from the past just to remind brave worriors who're still on this path - they are amazingly strong :!:
We’re so used to having the things we want instantly, that having to wait can be a little unsettling. The two week wait can feel unbearable at times, and many women spend it feeling hopeful and looking out for signs of pregnancy. You might feel disappointed, upset and angry each time you get your period. Some women even start to resent their bodies, convinced that their body is letting them down. It might sound like new age nonsense, but worrying about not falling pregnant could actually be part of the problem. Stress could be impacting on your fertility. Mother nature is pretty smart, so our bodies aren’t really designed to get pregnant during times of stress. It can happen of course, but it is less likely. In days gone by, stress would have come in the form of predators or food shortages. These days these are job worries, emotional upset or simply the stress of trying to conceive. When you want something straight away, it can be frustrating having to wait. Especially when you then have a two week wait to find out if you’ve been successful. If you haven’t, it will probably be a couple of weeks before you can try again. It’s an exhausting cycle, and one that can very quickly zap any of the fun out of your sex life. It’s not always easy to stay positive, especially when faced with yet another negative pregnancy test, but positive thinking has an important role to play here.
Try to change the way you think about trying for a baby. Stop seeing this as a failing, and try to view it as a longer process. It doesn’t take everyone the same amount of time to get pregnant, and taking longer doesn’t mean you are failing. Positive and negative thinking can have an impact on all areas of your life. If you think negatively about it, you’ll feel negatively about it and eventually negativity will be all you see. Force yourself to think positively, and you may notice that you start to feel more positively about the whole thing. Try to cut the negativity from your life. Change the language you use when you talk about trying to conceive, and think carefully about who you choose to share the information with. If there are people in your life who you think will bring negativity then avoid the subject with them. Choose instead to share your journey with friends who have more of a positive approach.
We're already on the other side, thanks to BioTexCom team. But hope this helps sb to survive through.
Renata

Return to General questions of egg donation