Other Important Tips With Newborns

Other Important Tips With Newborns

Postby Joyce on 20 Aug 2012, 10:07

Developping your baby's reflexes and senses while getting he/she moving and exercising from day one, is an important factor. Newborns are developing rapidly and you can foster that development through some fun and easy daily activities that will develop reflexes and motor skills.
I want other parents or individuals with some experiences, to share in this nice topic.
Joyce

Re: Other Important Tips With Newborns

Postby Emma on 20 Aug 2012, 10:26

Newborns need to develop their reflexes(these are involuntory responses to the environment that protects one from dangerous or harmful things in that environment)before developing more complex brain functions.
Visual Reflex: Take baby into a completely dark room and turning on the light. When the pupil contracts, turn the light off, wait 10 seconds, and turn the light on again. Repeat the process 10 times, up to 10 times daily. At the end of 20 days, baby should begin noticing dark and light contrasts.
Emma

Postby Utte on 20 Aug 2012, 10:36

Hi everyone, I read sometime ago about startle reflex but, I did not really under the message in the explanation. So, if someone can enlighten me again on this topic(startle reflexes) I will be grateful. Thanks.
Utte

Postby Emma on 20 Aug 2012, 10:41

Yes Utte, I understand you well. With Startle Reflex, is simply all about Making a loud, unanticipated sound, such as dropping a pan on the floor or banging blocks together, several times each day until the startle reflex is given in response to the sound.I hope, you are now clear?
Emma

Postby Utte on 20 Aug 2012, 10:49

I am now crystal clear. This particular topic has being troubling me to understand it well and to put it into practice. And it is not very good to try something with a newborn baby which you did not get the right instructions. Thanks Emma.
Utte

Postby Emma on 20 Aug 2012, 10:56

Utte, maybe you will like to know about this too, the babinski reflex. About this reflex, you drag the blunt edge of a coin or finger down the foot, running from the big toe to the heel. Look for baby's toes to turn up and fan outward. This exercise can be done several times each day.
Emma

Postby Sally on 22 Aug 2012, 10:30

Hello, I am an expectant mother now in BioTexCom in Kiev. I wish to ask so that others can help me with their views on how to develop a child's language skill. What should be done in order to well develop a child's langauge skills and other senses?.
Sally

Postby Mado on 22 Aug 2012, 10:34

Hi Sally, note that from the moment the baby arrives, mothers instinctively talk to babies, but often listening is not as prevalent. To encourage language development, say something directly to your baby, making eye contact, and wait for up to 60 seconds to see if the baby responds. When baby responds with the slightest sound, say something else and wait for another response. Repeat this process often and regularly throughout each day. Practicing the rules and patterns of conversation will encourage baby to "converse" with you more frequently.
Mado

Postby Utte on 22 Aug 2012, 10:46

Yes Mado you are right,and also stimulating your baby's senses in the manner outlined by Mado and others, will help he/she develop crucial reflexes while helping he/she to speak and walk at an earlier age. Provide your baby with a solid developmental foundation early to help he/she develop into a strong and healthy child.
Utte

Postby Sara on 22 Aug 2012, 11:04

What about toys? Other than playing do they have any additional importance to the baby's development? What kind of toys should be bought, and why?
Sara

Return to Our children from birth till year