Developing Of Senses

Developing Of Senses

Postby Joyce on 20 Aug 2012, 11:03

We should understand that, because infants are on a strict diet of formula or breast milk, parents often overlook developing these senses from infancy and subsequently have difficulties getting a child to eat foods like vegetables and meats. Developing these senses early can thwart food battles later.
Joyce

Re: Developing Of Senses

Postby Utte on 22 Aug 2012, 09:56

The aspect like, Sense of Smell, helps stimulate and develop baby's sense of smell by placing a strong smell, like an orange, under the child's nose. Say the name of the substance to reinforce language skills. This can be done up to 10 times each day, using the same odour for up to a week.
Utte

Postby Mado on 22 Aug 2012, 10:03

Hi everyone, I was so pleases when I came across this topic on developing of sense in children. Actually, like Utte wrote on Smell, I will like to write on about Sense of Taste. Baby's taste buds can be triggered by placing a drop of food in the infant's mouth either with a cotton swab or the tip of the finger. Administer the same taste several times each day for approximately one week.
Mado

Postby Tony on 22 Aug 2012, 10:14

Another important view I will like to contribute here is the issue of crawling. Infants have an amazing ability to move given the opportunity. While pediatricians recommend that infants be placed on their backs to sleep, during waking hours, an infant should spend as much time on his belly as possible.
Tony

Postby Donat on 22 Aug 2012, 10:40

Hi Tony, I will also like to add to your point on crawling. To get your baby moving under his/her own power, you should place the child on a specially designed crawling deck during most waking hours. Allow the baby to use his/her fingers and toes to propel himself/herself toward the end of the deck. Each day, the baby will go further and traverse the deck more frequently.
Donat

Postby Nadia on 12 Sep 2012, 22:29

Kids may look at the world around them in a different way to adults, according to a UK study. For example, while an adult perceives a barking dog as a single entity, a young child treats the dog and the loud barking as two independent sensory experiences.
Nadia

Postby Pauline on 12 Sep 2012, 22:37

Hi Nadia, researchers have found that children separate different senses rather than combining different sensory information, as adults do. Children don't begin to combine senses such as vision and sound when looking at their surroundings until they are around 12 years old.
Pauline

Postby Nadia on 12 Sep 2012, 22:40

Pauline you are correct. Also, while children are still developing, the brain must determine the relationships between different kinds of sensory information to know which kinds go together and how," explains study co-author Denis Mareschal, from the University of London.
Nadia

Return to Our children from birth till year