Teething Relief

Re: Teething Relief

Postby Lucy on 21 Nov 2015, 13:41

God day, parents!
I’m Lucy. We had to overcome a lot of difficulties to become happy. And it was possible only when we got to know about my pregnancy due to IVF procedure in BioTexCom.
Carrying for an infant can be exhausting, but there’s so much to look forward to. Everything starts with crying and continuous with it up to 2-3 months. Some friends of mine complained on it even up to 4 months. Poor they! Then the case easily penetrates into teething challenges. It isn’t also an easy thing to cope with it. It demands all your patience and strong nerves. The most painful in it is that you cannot sleep not because of the baby’s crying. You cannot sleep also because you worry about your child. You cannot stop that pain, but you can relief it for some period of time. But I’ve heard the thought that relief medicals for teeth can affect them badly. I don’t know whether it’s true or not but try to use them less frequently.
Lucy

Postby Amelia on 21 Nov 2015, 13:55

Hello, Lucy!
As for the medicals we’ve also heard such point of view. We consulted our doctor on this point. He says that different medicals affect the pain differently. They can ease the pain for longer or shorter time. And they all influence the general teeth condition. So, it’s really useful to reduce their quantity.
Amelia

Postby Pam on 02 Dec 2015, 09:43

Hello, mothers!
Not so long time ago my sweet boy was born. Up to this moment he has been demonstrating his character every now and then. :shock: My husband always helps me when it’s possible for him. But for the most part of the time I’m trying to cope with all the things myself.
I am exhausted! I’m constantly asking myself: when will our baby sleep through the night? But it’s rather a rhetorical question, because there are as many answers to that as there are babies :!: I’ve discovered that our newborn sleeps as much as 16 hours a day, but with very short stretches. With every passing month a baby’s nervous system matures. He’s able to go longer between feeds. It is believed that by the time a baby is three months old it may sleep for five-hour stretches at night. A 6-month-old may sleep as long as eight hours at night. Or – they may not like my son. There’s yet another fact: some babies don’t sleep through the night until they’re a year old! I truly believe this is our case. :? It will undoubtedly take us time to settle into a consistent night-time sleep pattern. But I still wonder how can I help my baby to develop good sleep habits?
Pam

Postby Amelia on 02 Dec 2015, 09:49

Hi! Of course you can do several things! We were also in a difficult situation. Our daddy was trying to earn all money in the world. :lol: As for me, I simply wanted to do my job via Internet. With the newborn in a house everything changes fundamentally. Sleepless nights make you really tired and embarrassed. They can play a bad trick on you both. So, in order to find a right solution we addressed to more experienced parents (they brought up triplets!). :D This is what they recommended. :idea:
Parents have to establish a bedtime routine. Nursing or giving a bottle or singing a lullaby must be done at the same time every night. It tells your baby it’s time to sleep.
Put your baby to bed sleepy, but still awake, to learn to associate falling asleep with being in bed.
You shouldn’t jump at the first noise. Wait a minute to see if your baby settles back down before picking him up.
If you need to feed or change your baby in the middle of the night use a dim nightlight. Try to speak softly. A child will know it isn’t playtime. ;)
Amelia

Postby Pam on 02 Dec 2015, 09:52

Thanks a lot. We’ve already tried a half of this. But another half still remains undone. :roll:
What about your baby? Does it sleep well at night? How old is your child?
By the way, what teething symptoms did you face :?: It’s seems to me that it’s quite a punctilious question too.
Pam

Postby Amelia on 02 Dec 2015, 09:57

Our baby is 8 months old. For the most part she sleeps quite well at night. But sometimes these are sleepless nights as well because of the teething. We do believe that soothing medicals affect the baby’s teeth, so we try to use them not often.
In general, babies’ teeth start to appear from around six months. It tells about their being able to eat solid food later. Teething brings some pain and upset for babies in the most of the cases. Also it brings a hard work for us, parents. This is up to us to sooth a teething baby somehow.
Believe me or not but I do know the family where the baby with a tooth was born. Isn’t it amazing? The bottom front teeth are supposed to come first. Usually they are followed by the top front teeth.
Most babies will have all their milk teeth by the time they are two and a half. So, keep calm! 8-)
Amelia

Postby Pam on 02 Dec 2015, 10:02

Sometimes parents notice their baby behaves badly and cannot find reason for it. Later it turns out to be teething. I’d like to say that sometimes it’s impossible to see a coming tooth. It’s simply gets on your baby’s nerves. Addicted parents usually try to find another reason for such a condition. Symptoms of teething really differ much. What were they in your family?
Pam

Postby Amelia on 02 Dec 2015, 10:07

Personally I don’t believe that teeth can grow without causing the baby any discomfort at all. We feel like we had all of them at the same time. First of all, our baby had a disturbed sleep. She didn’t want to eat anything because of a poor appetite. Conversely she was constantly chewing something (toys, fists etc). Sometimes she seemed to have a fever. Her chicks flushed. Every time that was a signal for us that the baby had got a cold or whatever. Also I cannot mention her irritability and nervousness. Nothing could amuse our baby except the medicals of course, but I’ve told you we are very careful with them. Only at the last stage of tooth coming we actually saw a sore red gum around where the tooth was coming through.
Our child is big enough, so very soon we’ll get rid of this problem. :lol: Your daughter is much smaller, so maybe these prompts will be useful for you: :idea:
Under supervision, give the baby something hard to chew on. A special teething ring is an option but a crust of bread, breadstick or a peeled carrot may work as well. Don’t dip teething rings in anything sugary. Even new baby teeth need to be protected from decay caused by sugar.
If the baby is dribbling a lot, remember to keep wiping its chin to prevent rashes.
Try to distract a fussy, teething baby by playing.
An infant’s gums may feel better when gentle pressure is placed on them. Try massaging the baby’s gums with a clean finger.
Don’t stop breastfeeding when your baby’s teeth break through. Babies can’t bite while suckling. :geek:
Amelia

Postby Lucy on 21 Dec 2015, 00:53

Hi, girls!
Have something to share. This is about the best ways to soothe the baby’s painful gums. It worked in our family and hope will work in yours ;)
Before resorting to pain relief products or teething gels you can try a plenty of other things.
You can rub a clean finger over your baby's sore gums. It will numb the pain temporarily.
Give your baby a teething ring. Solid, silicone-based teething rings are the good helpers. They are better than liquid-filled products. The last ones may leak and can't be sterilized.
But we didn’t put the teething ring in the fridge even for a while before giving it to your baby. We just worried it could bring discomfort to our baby, hurting her gums.
We also didn’t give her a dummy though chewing it is believed to help a baby to soothe herself.
When your baby is more than six months old, don’t give her any hard foods to chew while teething. They can break into pieces and choke your baby.
Lucy

Postby Mirela on 21 Dec 2015, 00:57

You can also try chilled water in a bottle or, if she prefers, a feeding cup to ease the teething pain. If she's old enough for solid foods, try offering her cold fruit puree for example. Not too cold of course, but cool enough to soothe the gums. There will be times when your baby will reject all of these and want nothing more than a cuddle :roll:
Parents have different attitude to using teething gels and alternative remedies.
It is known that teething gels usually contain a local anaesthetic and an antiseptic. Working together they ease pain and also prevent infection. But a small amount rubbed on to the sore gum has a brief numbing effect only.
If you opt for one, make sure you use one that is sugar-free and specifically made for babies. Always make sure you follow the instruction and don’t apply more than it suggests. There's no clear evidence how these remedies work. But some mums swear by them.
if the things are too bad to deal with using this remedies, infant ibuprofen can be given. Better if it’s advised by your doctor. :idea: It's also worth checking whether there's something else is upsetting your baby before giving her medication.
Mirela

PreviousNext

Return to Our children from birth till year