Feeding a newborn

Feeding a newborn

Postby Amelia on 21 Nov 2015, 13:31

Hello everyone!
My name’s Amelia. I’m a happy mother thanks to BioTexCom.
From the first days of Lizie’s life there turned to be a lot of things we weren’t ready for morally. I mean little sleeping hours, giving the first baths, choosing right clothes and many other things.
The most problematic thought for me was: what food should I feed my girl except breast milk. It was so strange to accept the idea that all vital vitamins and microelements come to the baby’s organism with breast milk. My doctor explained me, that even if it’s possible to feed some fruit purees after four months of living, I didn’t have to do it immediately. That was the kind of supplementary food but not the main one. Hurrying with the variety of food, parents can make their newborns worse. It can result in stomach diseases, which further influence the general emotional state of all family.
Another question was with the water. I thought it was vital for a baby to have water alongside with milk. When we’re hot, for example, me drink water not milk. And again the doctor assured me that my girl gets water with the milk. Isn’t it interesting? Sounds like breast milk is universal product! :)
Amelia

Re: Feeding a newborn

Postby Karin on 21 Nov 2015, 14:01

Hello! I suppose almost all parents have the same questions. We also asked our doctor about the first terms of introducing solid foods and got the following information.
The best time to introduce solid foods, as he said, is when your baby has developed the skills needed to eat. If you are breastfeeding, it is recommended to wait until your baby is 6 months old.
The point is that to eat, babies need good head and neck control.
We tried to feed our baby applesauce at the age of 4 months. And we noticed that he pushed food out of his mouth just as quickly as we put it in.
The doctor explained that babies start to lose this natural tongue-thrusting reflex at the 4- to 6-month mark. It makes it easier for them to start eating solid foods.
We started to watch our baby for the signs of readiness. His weight became twice his birth weight. He was interested in foods. For example, he might watch us eating, trying to reach the food. When the food was approaching he opened his mouth and some other things.
That was the second time we tried feeding solid foods. And the most appropriate one (6 months).
So, wait until your baby is at least 4-6 months old and shows some readiness signs before introducing solids. Babies who start solid foods before 4 months are at a higher risk of becoming obese.
Karin

Postby Mirela on 21 Nov 2015, 14:08

Hello! My name’s Mirela, we took surrogacy programme in the clinic and now have our adorable girl)
Parents should be careful while introducing a variety of pureed fruits, vegetables and cereals to their babies. Every child accepts food individually and due to his age.
When the time was right (6 months approximately) we started with a single-grain rice cereal. We started with one-two tablespoons of cereal mixed with breast milk. We didn’t add cereal to a baby's bottle unless our doctor instructed us to do so.
Doctors insist on that solids should be fed after a nursing or formula-feeding session, not before. That way, a baby fills up on breast milk or formula, which should still be its main source of nutrients until age 1.
Mirela

Postby Karin on 21 Nov 2015, 14:14

Good day!
Introducing any other kind of solid food means making pauses. Wait a few days between introducing a new food to make sure your baby doesn't have allergies. We had the trouble when our son tried apricot sauce first. Those were tiny red pimples on his skin. Rather unpleasant thing for caring parents :( So, be aware of it!
By the way, it may take several tries before your baby starts to enjoy a new food, so don't give up after the first or second attempt if he or she doesn't seem to like it.
Karin

importance of breastfeeding

Postby Pam on 02 Dec 2015, 14:43

Hi, girls! Yesterday I met a woman with a baby in the park. At first sight it seemed to me that our children are of the same age (approximately 2-3 months). The woman fed the baby with a bottle. We got acquainted and after some talk I asked her why she didn’t feed the baby with breast milk. And I was so disappointed with the answer. :o :( She said she simply didn’t want to lose her breast size and its form. Also she tried breastfeeding once and it was too painful for her to continue. I cannot understand such a thing. Ask any expert and he’ll tell you that breastfeeding is the most natural of a woman’s mothering instincts. It’s not as simple as it seems. Sometimes women can find themselves at a loss. I mean, how it should be done properly. But mothers must not refuse of breastfeeding just because of some ridiculous convictions. Breast milk is very important for the baby’s health. It’s the ideal way to both nurture and nourish a newborn. What do you think?
Pam

Re: importance of breastfeeding

Postby Lucy on 02 Dec 2015, 14:48

I absolutely agree. Any experienced mother can tell you that going about feeding a newborn might feel anything but normal and natural. Practice makes perfect. When it comes to knowing exactly what to do you feel a real professional. It’s not so at the beginning but if a woman does her best to provide her baby with all vital things, no difficulties will matter.
Lots of women wonder why, if breastfeeding is natural thing, the skills don’t just magically appear. They say it happens so because of a lack of exposure to the process itself. Previously little girls watched their mothers breastfeeding. Sisters watched each other. So, women generally had a support system as well as role models. Nowadays many women don’t have any experience to relay on. That’s why sometimes they feel awkward or even uncomfortable.
Some of them avoid this discomfort and simply give up the idea.
The good news is that, with just a little bit of knowledge and some patience, it is possible to master the art of breastfeeding quickly. I’m sure that a baby’s health is more valuable than losing any breast size or whatever :!: :!: :!:
Lucy

Postby Mannamom on 04 Jul 2017, 16:23

Had problems with breastfeeding from the very delivery and had to feed my baby with baby formula. Basically, everything was alright, she only has difficulties within first 2 weeks of feeding with Nutrilon. She had cramps and stomachaches but our doctor told that it happens and it's a kind of an adaptation. however, I'm a bit upset that I didn't feed my sweetheart but we had no issues with digestion beside that I was a bit pissed of by preparing formula. It's not a common thing but it happens that there is no milk at all..don't be afraid to feed with dry fromula

Aug 2009 IVF#1 OE
5 eggs retrieved:3 fertilized, 2 blasts
BFN;
May 2010 - IVF#2 DE
15 eggs retrieved:12 fertilized, 10 blasts
BFN;
Jan 2013 - IVF#3 DE
18 eggs retrieved: 14 fertilized, 9 blasts, 3 transferred, 6 frozen.
BFP!
DD Lily - Nov 21, 2013
Mannamom

Return to Our children from birth till year