Gynacological and Infertility Issues

Gynacological and Infertility Issues

Postby Favor on 03 Aug 2012, 11:37

I have had trouble conceiving and its being near a year now, my periods are irregular and not how they used to be before contraception, i had blood tests done and something came up on my thyroid bloods, i think it is slightly underactive, wont know until when i see the doctor, will he prescribe me thyroxine? and how long will it take for fertility to return to normal?
Favor

Re: Gynacological and Infertility Issues

Postby Jerry on 03 Aug 2012, 11:46

Hey Favor, in this situation, I think the best thing to do is to seek the advice of your Gynacologist or doctor. Your fertility levels should return to normal after you stop taking your contraceptives. If your thyroid is underactive it best to ask your doctor what the best course of action to take is and based upon this prescription when they feel your fertility levels should return to normal. ALternatively if you feel unhappy with the recommendations of your medical professional I can refer you to another good center for human reproduction in Ukraine
Jerry

Postby Vicky on 03 Aug 2012, 11:53

Hello, i just read about contraception and wondered if the implant is one of the contraception devices that may affect fertility levels. I recently had mine taken out before the date of removal and before I had it inserted I was told that once it was taken out everything will go back to normal and my fertility shouldn’t be affected at all.
Vicky

Postby Louis on 03 Aug 2012, 11:59

The implant like all hormonal contraceptives will affect fertility levels as its sole purpose is to prevent conception. However it is very unlikely that fertility levels will decrease following removal of an implant they should return to their normal level. If for any reason you are concerned you would be well advised to seek professional medical councelling from a BioTexCom in Kiev.
Louis

Return to Gynaecological diseases leading to Infertility